What makes a graduate with an engineering degree in Game Development and Learning Technology especially attractive to the labour market? Below is an overview of the competencies you will have once graduated: general engineering competencies as well as the special competencies you will acquire in Learning and Experience Technology.
General engineering competencies
With an engineering degree from the University of Southern Denmark you will have a strong academic and professional profile based on highly competent teachers and fellow students who are skilled, curious and committed to their studies. Moreover, you will be part of a research and development environment of high international standard. That is how we ensure that you get the most recent knowledge and ability to be right up there in the lead should you choose to study or work abroad.
You acquire the ability to:
- think and work in a problem-based, project-oriented and interdisciplinary way
- work independently as well as in teams
- manage and be in charge of a project
- to employ your strong analytical and problem-solving skills solve tasks in an international and social context
- exploit your knowledge about the needs of the business world and experience in working with high-tec companies.
- used to working with companies and will have a thorough understanding of business.
You become an expert in developing technology that is used in for example:
- Games for children allowing them to help design the game experience, e.g. an interactive flower that changes colour when you blow on it
- Intelligent toys allowing the child to, for example, make music by assembling robot bricks. That way the user learns something about both robotics and music
- Pervasive games where the computer game is transferred to real-life, to the physical space. As a result, the game can be played in playgrounds, in pedestrian zones, at museums, in schools and nursing homes, or in virtual worlds – the only limit is the imagination
- Interactive playgrounds that combine computer games and movement. This could be a way to stimulate children to try new games
- Learning games, quiz shows and teaching aids where the user becomes part of the creation of the project or of finding new ways to use the product
- Digital design of e-learning systems, for example for companies that operate across geographical borders.
With a master of science in engineering degree you will be qualified to apply for and study a PhD programme.