FabLab can be used for digital productions ect. in connection with projects, assignments or for exams. It offers the following services:
• Extra powerful dual-screen PCs with graphics applications such as Indesign and Photoshop and a wide range of statistics and simulation programs
• iPads (for movie recording - incl. Microphone, tripod, bags etc.)
• GoPros (for dynamic film recording - including gripping, etc.)
• Large desktop camera (only for use in FabLab studio)
• Osmo Mobline (handheld camera stabilizer for smartphones etc.)
• Podcast equipment
• 3D scanner (stationary)
• 3D scanner (handheld)
• Augmented Reality Glasses
• reMarkable, (aka paper tablet)
• Lego Mindstorms kits
• Various chargers and cables
Use of 3D printers
: there is walk-in use, but it is a good idea to book time in advance. If you exceed your time reservation by more than 15 minutes, the reservation is canceled and the equipment can be used by another. Note: 3D printing must be completed within the library's operating hours.
Rules on loan of equipment from FabLab
: The loan period is generally max. 1 week.
The library's borrowing rules
also apply to loans of equipment from FabLab, so that materials that are damaged or lost during lending are replaced by the borrower.
FabLab is part of SDU's Student-2-Student concept. There are currently student service assistance on Mondays - or contact e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org for help, and it is also possible to book help via IT service.
There is access to the recording studio and the editing pc's around the clock, cf. the library's 24/7 access for students and employees at SDU. Lending of equipment follows the library's operating hours.