Follow single courses from our study programmes
Each year, thousands of courses are offered at SDU as part of our Bachelor's and Master's programmes. Most of these courses are open to students who wish to follow a number of single courses rather than a full programme.
Each year, thousands of courses are offered at SDU as part of our Bachelor's and Master's programmes. Rather than enrolling in a full programme, you can choose to apply for individual courses of your interest.
Only conditions are that you must fulfill the entry requirements of the programme offering the course, and there must be vacant study places in the course.
To apply for a single course, use our online Application Portal. The application deadline is July 1 for study start in September, and December 1 for study start in February.
Please note the Course ID
When applying, you must state the course ID's of the courses you wish to follow. You will find the course ID in the course description.
Attach relevant documents
Remember to attach relevant documents to establish that you fulfill the entry requirements of the programme offering the course. Any results from Bachelor's or Master's programmes in Denmark can be collected via the portal. Other relevant documents must be uploaded to the portal.
Answer to your application
We may be close to study start before we are able to establish whether there are any vacant study places in a given course. As a result, your may receive the answer as late as September 1/February 1. You will receive the answer in the application portal followed by an invoice.
You must fulfill the entry requirements of the programme offering the course you wish to follow.
- To follow courses from a Bachelor's programme, you must hold a qualifying examination, and you must fulfill the programme specific requirements regarding course levels.
- To follow courses from a Master's programme, you must hold a degree on a Bachelor's level fulfilling the entry requirements of the Master's programme.
We cannot guarantee a study place
Admission to single courses requires that vacant study places are available. Unfortunately, we will be forced to reject your application if a course is fully booked by students enrolled in the full programme
- You cannot sign up for a Master's thesis
- If you are already a student in a Bachelor's or Master's programme, you cannot apply for single courses that are included in your programme
- You cannot follow single courses from our programmes in Medicine and Psychology
- You can follow a maximum of 90 ECTS from a Bachelor's programme and 60 ECTS from a Master's programme
The cost of enrolling in a course depends on its weight in ECTS and on the programme offering the course. SDU's study programmes fall into three rate groups:
- Rate group 1: 480 kr. pr. ECTS - point
- Rate group 2: 560 kr. pr. ECTS - point
- Rate group 3: 850 kr. pr. ECTS - point
This chart specifies the programmes belonging til each rate group.
Shortly after admission, you will receive an invoice. The time allowed for payment may be short since admission is often close to study start.
Payment is collected per semester. If you choose to withdraw your enrolment before study start or as late as September 15/February 15 your payment will be refunded. To withdraw, please write to us using this contact module.
What is covered by your payment
Payment covers participation in classes as well as examinations. You have three examinations attempts, but your enrolment is only valid for up to one year - meaning that you may not be able to use all three attempts.
If you haven't used up all of your attempts within the enrolment period, you can choose to apply for admission the the course again. In this case, you will have to pay a new tuition fee according to current rates.