The University of Southern Denmark is proud to provide guaranteed accommodation for all international students* moving to Denmark.
To be guaranteed accommodation you must apply before the deadline:
- September admission: May 1
- February admission: November 1
You should apply for accommodation as soon as you have submitted your application to SDU, even if you are not sure you will be admitted. In case you do not get admitted, your application for accommodation will be cancelled automatically.
* An international student is a full-degree student coming to Denmark to study a degree offered in English or an exchange or guest student coming to Denmark to study. If you already live in Denmark when you apply, you are last in line for accommodation.
The application for guarantied accommodation
SDU has five cities of study spread across the southern part of Denmark. You can apply for guaranteed accommodation in four of these cities. Click on the city of your choice on the map below to visit our accommodation office’s website, where you will find contact information, campus-related information and access to the application platforms.
Please note that you can only apply for accommodation in one of the four cities. If you have applied for accommodation in one city but get admitted to a study programme in different city, please contact the Accommodation Office at email@example.com as quickly as possible. They will then change your application for you.
General information on accommodation in Denmark
- A room in a hall of residence (kollegium), price: ca. 280-400 euro per month
- A privately rented room in a house or a flat, price: ca. 300-450 euro per month
- A privately rented flat - either alone or shared with other students: prices vary considerably
The landlord may ask you to pay the first month's rent and a deposit before you sign the contract.
The deposit acts as a guarantee for the expenses incurred during your time there. The amount is typically equivalent to 3 months' rent.
In Denmark you are expected to have contents insurance. If you choose not to take out insurance for your belongings, you should be aware that there is no coverage for you in case of burglary or fire.
The start of semester is unfortunately the peak season for accommodation fraudsters who are ingeniously and creatively trying to scam the property seekers with fake ads, money under the table or accommodation they do not own.
We strongly advise to use the accommodation offers that the University of Southern Denmark provides. However, if you decide to seek accommodation on your own, please keep these guidelines in mind:
- Please be aware of unrealistically cheap accommodation offers in comparison to other accommodation offers in the neighborhood. Never pay money under the table in order to move up in the queue. It is illegal and you have no legal possibility to get your money back.
- We strongly advise against using Western Union or other online payment services as your payment is untraceable and there is no possibility for you to get your money back.
- Never pay rent or a deposit upfront before having seen the accommodation.