The main focus of all engineering programmes at University of Southern Denmark is professional ability and the programmes are all rooted in research and development environments of a high international standard.
You acquire the ability to:
- think and work in a problem-based, project-oriented and interdisciplinary way
- work independently as well as in teams
- manage and be in charge of a project
- to employ your strong analytical and problem-solving skills solve tasks in an international and social context
- exploit your knowledge about the needs of the business world and experience in working with high-tec companies.
You become a development engineer with special competencies in mechanics, electronics and software – and knowledge of the interplay between these disciplines. The study programmes qualifies you to carry out, participate in or lead the development of mechatronic products. Furthermore, you will be qualified to do research within the field of mechatronics.
With a master of science in engineering degree in Mechatronics you will have the following competencies:
- Ability to design and calculate mechanical designs
- Ability to design and calculate electronic circuits
- Ability to develop software for intelligent products
- Ability to work in a company’s development department independently and in teams
- Ability to model and build mechatronic systems and implement these systems
- Ability to apply technological knowledge and theories for the development of new products
- Qualified for project management of product development assignments
- Ability to carry out development projects independently and in teams
- Specialised knowledge within either of the profiles: Nanotechnology, Embedded Systems or Dynamic Mechatronic Systems
- Knowledge of the most recent research within your academic profile
- Ability to identify scientific problems of research within your academic profile.