To qualify for admission, you must have a relevant degree on a Bachelor's level. You qualify for the programme if you have one of the following degrees:
- BSc in Engineering Mechatronics - gives a legal claim for admission
- BSc in Engineering Electronics (Sønderborg), provided you have the following courses as electives: Introduction to Machine Learning (IML) and Mechanical Design (DES)
- BSc in Mechanical Engineering (Sønderborg), provided you have the following courses as electives: Introduction to Machine Learning (IML) and Electronics 1 (ELEC1 or ELTR1)
- BSc in Engineering Robot Systems (Robotteknologi)
- BSc in Engineering Software Engineering (Odense)
- BEng in Mechatronics
- BEng in Electronics (Sønderborg), provided you have the following courses as electives: Introduction to Machine Learning (IML) and Mechanical Design (DES)
- BEng in Mechanical Engineering (Sønderborg), provided you have the following courses as electives: Introduction to Machine Learning (IML) and Electronics 1 (ELEC1 or ELTR1)
- BSc in Engineering in Robotics – University of Aalborg
- BSc in Engineering in Mekanik og Produktion – University of Aalborg (Esbjerg)
- BSc in Engineering in Software – University of Aalborg
- BSc in Engineering in Applied Industrial Electronics – University of Aalborg (Esbjerg)
- BSc in Engineering in Elektronik og IT – University of Aalborg
- BSc in Mekanik from AU
- BSc in Engineering in Electrical Engineering (Elektroteknologi) – Technical University of Denmark
- BSc in Engineering in Softwareteknologi – Technical University of Denmark
You can apply if you hold a similar, relevant degree in Science or Engineering. Below you will find the course areas listed which your degree must cover as a minimum to be considered for each of the four profiles in the programme.
- 10 ECTS in Mechanical design, statics, dynamics and 3D CAD
- 5 ECTS in Embedded programming including project work
- 5 ECTS in Analog/Digital Electronics 5 ECTS
- 5 ECTS in Control Theory including project work
- 15 ECTS in Mathematics
- 5 ECTS Machine Learning or Statistical Methods
As part of your application, you must fill in and upload a form in which you state which subjects from your education you consider relevant in relation to the requirements mentioned above. You must upload the form to the application portal when you submit your application. Download the form here (.pdf).
The programme is taught in English. If your Bachelor's Degree is not from SDU, you are required to submit proof of your proficiency in English. See the English language requirements.
There is a limited number of study places in the programme. If there are more qualified applicants than study places, the following criteria are used for the selection of applicants without a legal claim:
The grade point average of your qualifying degree. If the degree is not completed at the time of application, the grade point average is calculated based on the courses passed at the time of application.
As a bachelor's student at SDU, you can apply for permission to follow up to 30 ECTS Master's level courses even though you have yet to complete your Bachelor's degree.
You can be granted permission if you have the necessary academic qualifications. The progression of your Bachelor’s programme is crucial to the outcome of your application.
Check to see whether you fulfil the conditions
By choosing your faculty below you can see which conditions you generally must fulfil to be permitted to take Master’s level courses. Please acquaint yourself with the rules before you apply for permission since you must indicate in your application whether you fulfil the conditions or not. Read more here.
If you have previously been admitted to the programme, or already are, then special rules may apply when you apply for admission.
Find the scenario that suits you and read more: Re-enrolment, transferring and change og programme
Have you completed a Master's programme?
If you've already obtained a Master's degree, you can only be admitted to a new programme if there are vacant study places in the programme.
Have you completed another type of study programme?
As long as you do not hold a Master's degree, you are free to apply for admission to a new programme.