As a Software engineer you become an expert on information and communication technology and will come to play an important role in the future technological society.
During your studies you will, among other things, learn to develop programs and systems for e.g. mobile phones, automation and information systems.
The Software engineer
Becoming a Software engineer is not just about sitting in front of a computer. The most effective Software engineer works best if he/she has:
- An understanding of business and society
- Knowledge of components and technologies in the problem areas
- The ability to modulate and simulate systems
- The ability to seek solutions independently and in cooperation with others.
Each semester is based on a theme. Read more about the structure of the programme.
Project work and solving problems for companies
You become part of a project based and problem based study environment where you work in project groups together with your fellow students.
In the project group you and your fellow students:
- are responsible for planning and carrying out the project
- will cooperate and meet the deadlines
- will solve problems for companies
- will have access to project room
Internship and final project
In the sixth semester you must complete the engineering internship in a company in Denmark or abroad. Through the internship you acquire relevant work experience of great benefit to you in your following career. In the final semester you carry out the final project – usually also in cooperation with a company.
Versatile career paths
With this degree you will have a range of job opportunities – in Denmark and abroad. Among other things, you could work with computer technology, network systems, programming and communication.