About Project Advanced Analytics
The Board of Governors and the Executive Board have decided to intensify the use of advanced analytics for strategic management information. Advanced Analytics is the term for advanced data processing, such as machine learning, where large amounts of data from many different sources are used to make forecasts. In Advanced Analytics, traditional social science statistical methods are replaced by modern data analytics and a data science approach.
Advanced Analytics differs from the classic standard reporting from business systems by having an analytic predictive focus that provides recommendations for major strategic decisions. In comparison, the content of the classic management information is typically defined in relation to legality requirements, external reporting requirements and operational management needs in the organization.
There are two parallel tracks in the project.
The purpose of Advanced Analytics 1.0 is to:
- Strengthen management's strategic decision making with forecasts that focus on organizational learning - initially regarding student behavior
- Strengthen potential for academic learning by developing web-based dashboards that can enrich teachers with knowledge of the students they teach
- Strengthen students' opportunities for self-monitoring and feedback in relation to their study efforts
The purpose of Advanced Analytics 2.0 is to:
- Strengthen management's strategic decision making with forecasts that focus on organizational learning - initially regarding existing metrics for research
- Experiment with the prediction of developing tools in focused business areas
The machine learning part of the project has been in the EU tender for 2018 to ensure the strongest external assistance for the development of machine learning models.
From 2019, the first deliveries from the projects are expected.
The project Advanced Analytics will run in the period 2018 - 2021.