The PhD committee comprises five representatives for the scientific staff and five representatives for PhD students elected by and from among them.
The PhD committee
- recommends a chairperson from among the PhD committee's scientific staff and a vice-chairperson from among the PhD students on the PhD committee to the Dean.
- approves PhD plans.
- approves PhD courses.
- approves credit and dispensation applications.
- prepares suggestions for the Head of PhD School concerning internal guidelines and supervision.
- expresses its opinion of the evaluation of PhD programmes and PhD supervision to the Head of PhD School.
- expresses its opinion of issues of importance for PhD programmes and PhD supervision introduced by the Dean or by somebody authorised by the Dean.
- recommends the composition of the assessment committee in connection with assessing PhD theses to the Dean.