The doctoral school organises the PhD study programme at the Faculty of Humanities at the University of Southern Denmark. It is the school’s responsibility, through supervision and courses, to offer doctoral education at an ambitious international level within the full range of subjects at the faculty. It is the school’s duty, across academic fields and campuses, to create the best conditions for all its PhD students, thereby ensuring that their projects can be completed satisfactorily and on time.
All PhD students at the Faculty of Humanities are enrolled in the doctoral school and are as a rule employed by one of the institutes.
The day-to-day management of the school is the responsibility of the school administration, which consists of the head of the school, the faculty secretary in charge of the PhD administration, and a course administrator and webmaster. The school works in close collaboration with the PhD Board.
The responsibilities of the school include:
- Individual supervision of each PhD student.
- Organisation of courses, seminars, workshops, conferences for the PhD students.
- Regular evaluations of student's progress.
- In-service training of the supervisors of the school.
- Providing information to the PhD students about national and international doctoral training programmes and activities.
- The internationalisation of the PhD study programme through facilitation of changes of research environment to foreign universities and reception of visiting doctoral students from abroad.
- Collaboration with other doctoral schools at the University of Southern Denmark and other universities in Denmark.
- Self-evaluation of its own activities as well as recurring international evaluations.