Software engineers play a crucial role in the future. Are you one of them?
Software has changed our world significantly in just a few decades, but what will be the next big steps? With a degree in software engineering, you can take part in developing and inventing intelligent apps or software that make their mark on the world.
Make a quantum leap - become a software engineer
A Bachelor’s degree in Software Engineering will teach you how to develop software that suits the organisations and the people who need it. You will reach out to the user, research their needs and from this get good ideas that make you capable of developing the best software solution.
As a new engineering graduate from SDU Sønderborg, you are offered 6 months of employment if you haven’t landed your first job after you finished your MSc studies.
Read more about the first-job guarantee
Reasons to study
- learn how to develop the robot technology of the future.
- have extraordinarily strong career opportunities.
- master top engineering skills in a constantly evolving industry.
What will you learn?
With a degree in Software Engineering, you will gain the skills to develop the software solutions of the future. You will be able to lead the development and implementation of software, cooperate across professional groups and cultures, solve tasks in an international context and advise on investing in new software solutions and much more.
- learn how technology is best used to develop efficient and revolutionary solutions.
- learn how to create software from scratch and further develop existing software.
- learn to investigate the need for the software, to describe and analyse the requirements and to design, programme and test the software.
- get the opportunity to test your competencies on company cases and in direct cooperation with the industry.
Existing programming skills are not required
The programme includes an introductory course in programming. At the start of the programme, it is assumed that many new students have no prior in-depth experience with programming.
How is the programme structured?
The education consists of a combination of theoretical courses and practical project work. Each semester is based on a main theme which becomes the basis for the semester's theory and project work.
- In the first semester, the focus is on software programming.
- The second semester is all about developing software systems.
- The third semester focuses on distributed interactive software systems.
- In the fourth semester, the focus is on intelligent component-based software systems.
- The fifth semester is about cyber-security and mobile software systems. You can also study this semester abroad.
- In the sixth semester, you will learn about project collaboration, and you will write your bachelor project based on all your knowledge from the previous semesters.
What can you become?
As a software engineer you have splendid and several career opportunities – in Denmark and abroad. With a MSc in Software Engineering, you can get a job as a software developer, mobile application developer, system developer, system consultant, product manager, data scientist, project manager, IT strategy manager or project manager. You can also continue with a three-year research programme, which leads to a PhD degree.
Want to continue your studies?
The bachelor's programme takes three years, after which you take the two-year master's programme to achieve a MSc in Engineering. Here you can specialise in the subject areas you are interested in.
Read more about the Master's programme in Software Engineering
That is why you should study...
- You will learn how to develop the robot technology of the future
- You will have good career opportunities
- You will learn to develop innovative solutions to specific problems