The section of Civil and Architectural Engineering at the University of Southern Denmark (SDU) offers internships for Bachelor, Master and PhD students. The internship programme intends to support the research and professional development of the interns, as well as the development of the activities in the section. The internship can be coupled with the preparation of BSc and MSc thesis projects, or with PhD research.
Interns will work within one of the section’s four research areas: computational design and digital fabrication, facade design and engineering, structural engineering, and urban resilience.
Learn more about the section of Civil and Architectural Engineering.
Learn more about the section’s research areas.
Duration and Place
The duration of an internship generally ranges from four to nine months and can start per direct.
The internship can be conducted—depending on the specific activities agreed with the intern—at the main campus of SDU in Odense or in the subsidiary office of the section at BLOXHUB in central Copenhagen.
There is NO application deadline. Applications will be received and assessed on a rolling basis.
Qualification of the Candidate
Candidates for an internship should
- Be enrolled in a university education programme (BSc, MSc or PhD level), in the fields of engineering, architecture, planning, environmental, economic, social sciences, and related fields;
- Converse and write English at an advanced level.
International experience is an asset.
The following documents shall be included in the application:
- Short CV, including personal contact information and minimum two references.
- A motivation letter stating your specific interest, motivations and qualifications for the internship, with a description of how your internship will contribute to your studies and/or professional development. Please specify your availability and the desired period and duration of the internship.
- Copies of diplomas, including transcripts with grades.
- A brief description of the BSc/MSc/PhD research project (optional, if the internship intends to support the student’s research project development).
Application documents shall be submitted as a single PDF file to the relevant research group.