All international applicants must document their English and/or Danish language proficiency when applying to the University of Southern Denmark.
Documentation should be added to your application on www.optagelse.dk before 5 July at 12 noon.
Language requirements for English programmes
When you apply for a programme taught in English, you must prove your English language proficiency in one of the ways listed below.
Language requirements for Danish programmes
If you apply with a foreign upper secondary/high school diploma, you must provide documentation for a Danish language proficiency level corresponding to Danish A (high level) in one of the following ways:
- A General Certificate of 9th/10th form-level school-leaving examinations (Danish: Folkeskolens afgangsprøve) in combination with the diploma of a non-Danish upper secondary/high school
- Passed Danish A at upper secondary level
- Passed Study Exam/Proficiency Test/Higher Education Examination (“Studieprøven”) in Danish as a foreign language. If you apply for Medicine or Clinical Biomechanics, you must have passed the study test with a minimum grade average of 7.0 on the Danish grading scale.
- Individual competency assessment from VUC - see www.vuc.dk.
- Passed Norwegian, Swedish, or Icelandic on a level equivalent to the Danish A-level. To see if you qualify, check the guides for conversion of Norwegian, Swedish and Icelandic course levels.