The main purpose of the adCon project is to technologically promote and support preventive conservation methods and identify environmental improvements that can mitigate and finally prevent future damage to selected regional art and heritage collections. With the proposed network project, we seek to provide a broad portfolio of scientific research, tools, and technologies related to cultural heritage, including different aspects of preventive conservation. The project brings together those who create and maintain cultural heritage on both sides of the border region in a new network of events, training, and expertise, thus also promoting cultural cooperation in the Danish-German border region.
Results and goals
- to initiate a vivid and sustainable transfer of knowledge and information:a science and technology platform ("adCON"). This platform provides an overview of and explanations for technologies.
- to make available know-how through the exchange of modern preventive procedures and technological approaches. To identify a state-of-the-art toolbox and to learn from leading researchers.
- propose and evaluate new procedures in the area of conservation.
- create a database of available infrastructure, experts, and technology providers in Danish-German border region.
- report on existing conservation cooperation's and needs in preventive activities of the program region.
- build up conservation science as a discipline in the region and take a leading role.
Conservation Center Vejle carried out the conservation of the Virgin Mary, who handed the child an apple dated around 1,500 BC. from Jørsby Church. X-rays, FTIR and other scientific methods are often used to provide conservators with the best information about objects before planning their conservation treatment.
DK: Mads Clausen Institute, University of Southern Denmark (MCI)
DK: Konserveringscenter Vejle (KV)
DE: Christian-Albrechts-Universität zu Kiel (CAU), Kiel Nano (KiNSIS)
DE: The Schleswig-Holstein State Museums
DE: Digital Signal Processing and System Theory Group, CAU
DE: The Cluster of Excellence ROOTS at Kiel University
USA: The Getty Conservation Institute, Los Angeles, CA
PL: Jerzy Haber Institute of Catalysis and Surface Chemistry, Polish Academy of Sciences
adCon is funded by the European Regional Development Fund. Read more about Interreg Deutschland-Denmark on www.Interrreg5a.eu.
Get in touch:
Assoc. Prof. Jacek Fiutowski
University of Southern Denmark
Alsion 2, 6400 Sønderborg, Denmark
Phone: +45 6550 1678