The adCON project aims to bring together key people from the research, technology, and conservation communities to spot, analyze, and tackle challenges related to preventive conservation and to create a sustainable, transdisciplinary platform that can advance conservation practices of the world's cultural heritage.
Results and Goals:
- to initiate a vivid and sustainable transfer of knowledge and information:a science and technology platform ("adCON"). This platform provides an overview of and explanations for technologies.
- to make available know-how through the exchange of modern preventive procedures and technological approaches. To identify a state-of-the-art toolbox and to learn from leading researchers.
- propose and evaluate new procedures in the area of conservation
- create a database of available infrastructure, experts, and technology providers in Danish-German border region
- report on existing conservation cooperation's and needs in preventive activities of the program region
- build up conservation science as a discipline in the region and take a leading role
- DK: Mads Clausen Institute, University of Southern Denmark (MCI)
- DK: Konserveringscenter Vejle (KV)
- DE: Christian-Albrechts-Universität zu Kiel (CAU), Kiel Nano (KiNSIS)
- DE: The Schleswig-Holstein State Museums
- DE: Digital Signal Processing and System Theory Group, CAU
- DE: The Cluster of Excellence ROOTS at Kiel University
- USA: The Getty Conservation Institute, Los Angeles, CA
- PL: Jerzy Haber Institute of Catalysis and Surface Chemistry, Polish Academy of Sciences