To qualify for admission, you must have a relevant degree on a Bachelor's level.
You are qualified for admission if you hold one of the following degrees:
- Bachelor's in Software Engineering from SDU - gives you a legal claim for admission
You can apply if you hold a similar, relevant degree within Science or Engineering. To be considered, your degree must include a minimum of:
- 20 ECTS in Software Development and Programming
- 5 ECTS in Operating Systems
- 5 ECTS in Distributed Systems and Networking
- 5 ECTS in Database Systems
- 5 ECTS in Algorithms and Data Structures
- 5 ECTS in Statistics
In addition, you must fulfil SDU's English language requirements - read more on how to prove your English level
You must write a motivational letter
There is a limited number of study places in the programme. So fulfilling the entry requirements is not a guarantee for admission.
Unless you have a legal claim for admission, you must write a motivational letter and submit this as part of your application.
Selection of applicants
If there are more qualified applicants than study places, the following criteria are used for the selection of applicants. You are given a score in relation to each criterion, and your overall score decides whether you are offered a study place.
- Content and level of your bachelor's degree (1-40 points)
- Your academic results (1-40 points). In addition to your overall grade point average, the emphasis is placed on your grades within:
- Software Engineering
- Computer Science
- Information Technology
- Business and society
- Motivation for and ability to complete the programme (1-20 points)