You fulfil the entry requirements if you have one of the following bachelor's degrees:
- BA in anthropology, sociology or similar
- BA in business administration or similar
- BA in business communication or similar
- BA or BSc in industrial design, graphic design, multimedia or similar
- BSc or BEng in mechatronics, electronics, IT or similar
You can also be admitted if you have a relevant professional bachelor's degree e.g.:
If you don't have a bachelor's degree but have comparable academic qualifications, you may be accepted for the programme based on an individual assessment.
English language requirements
The programme is taught in English. Therefore, you are required to submit proof of your proficiency in English unless your Bachelor's gives you a legal claim for admission. See the English language requirements.
Statement of academic interest, portfolio and interview
As a part of your application, you must include a statement of academic interest in English, which contains the following:
- Account of the relevance of your Bachelor’s degree in regard to the Master’s programme, e.g. with reference to parts of your qualifying degree. Hereby showing, that you have considered the content and structure of the Master’s programme.
- Account of the relevance of any occupational experience in regard to the Master’s programme
- Account of the relevance of other experience (e.g. other education, voluntary work or studies abroad) in regard to the Master’s programme
You also must upload a portfolio with samples of previous work showing your ability and creativity. Choose something you are proud of: a product sketch, essay, picture, analysis, web URL etc. Show us something that tells us who you are, and what you can do.
If you fulfil the entry requirements, we will invite you to a personal interview. For applicants from outside Denmark and neighbouring countries, we will conduct telephone interviews.
There is a limited number of study places in the programme. If there are more qualified applicants than study places, the following criteria are used for the selection of applicants:
- Statement of academic interest
Applicants are ranked based on an overall assessment of statement of academic interest, the portfolio, and the interview. In the assessment we emphasise:
- Management and collaboration skills
- Initiative and ability to reflect
- Strong analytic and academic skills
- Ability to express ideas visually
As a bachelor's student at SDU, you can apply for permission to follow up to 30 ECTS Master's level courses even though you have yet to complete your Bachelor's degree.
You can be granted permission if you have the necessary academic qualifications. The progression of your Bachelor’s programme is crucial to the outcome of your application.
Check to see whether you fulfil the conditions
By choosing your faculty below you can see which conditions you generally must fulfil to be permitted to take Master’s level courses. Please acquaint yourself with the rules before you apply for permission since you must indicate in your application whether you fulfil the conditions or not. Read more here.
You can see which rules may apply for you and what to do on the page: Studied in a Master's programme before?
Have you completed a Master's programme?
If you've already obtained a Master's degree, you can only be admitted to a new programme if there are vacant study places in the programme.
Have you completed another type of study programme?
As long as you do not hold a Master's degree, you are free to apply for admission to a new programme.