To apply for a Master's, you need a relevant Bachelor's degree. The following degrees fulfil the entry requirements:
- BSc in Economics and Business Administration from SDU - gives you a legal claim for admission
- BSc in Economics and Business Administration from another Danish university
- BSc in Economics (Business Economics line) from SDU
Furthermore, the following degrees may qualify for admission, depending on the specific courses you have followed. Read more about the requirements if you have studied:
- International Sales and Marketing
- Professional Bachelor's in Finance
- Graduate Diploma in Business Administration
- BA.Negot, BA. Int or Market and Management Anthropology
- Design Culture and Economics or European Studies
- Economics, Mathematics-Economics or Business Administration and Commercial Law
- Manufacturing Engineering and Management or Global Management Manufacturing
- Business Economics and IT or Value Chain Management
Hold a similar degree, e.g. from another country?
You can also apply if you hold a similar Bachelor's degree including a minimum of 75 ECTS within the field of Economics and Business Administration, comprising at least 5 ECTS within each of the following subjects:
- Microeconomics or Managerial Economics
- Corporate Finance
- Organizational theory
- Methods for collection and analysis of data
- statistics or other qualitative or quantitative methods, including mathematics or operations research/operations management. Data collection may be included to a minor extend
- Theory of Science and Scientific Methodology and Methods
- this only applies if your degree is not from a university
English language requirements
The programme is taught in English. Therefore, you are required to submit proof of your English proficiency unless your Bachelor's gives you a legal claim for admission. See the English language requirements.
There is a limited number of study places in the programme. If there are more qualified applicants than study places, the following score system is used for the selection of applicants without a legal claim:
- 5 points for meeting the entry requirements in advance, i.e. not needing supplementary courses
- 1 point for having passed 10 ECTS in microeconomics
- 1 point for having passed 10 ECTS in accounting
- 1 point for having passed 10 ECTS in corporate finance
- 1 point for having passed 15 ECTS in quantitative analysis (statistics, mathematics, etc.)
Applicants are ranked based on their scores. If more applicants achieve the same score, a simple grade point average will be used for selection.
Supplementing your degree
If you have a relevant degree, but lack one or a few specific courses, you may be able to follow a supplementary course. Read more about the following supplementary courses when applying for the MSc in Economics and Business Administration.
As a bachelor's student at SDU, you can apply for permission to follow up to 30 ECTS Master's level courses even though you have yet to complete your Bachelor's degree.
You can be granted permission if you have the necessary academic qualifications. The progression of your Bachelor’s programme is crucial to the outcome of your application.
Check to see whether you fulfil the conditions
By choosing your faculty below you can see which conditions you generally must fulfil to be permitted to take Master’s level courses. Please acquaint yourself with the rules before you apply for permission since you must indicate in your application whether you fulfil the conditions or not. Read more here.
You can see which rules may apply for you and what to do on the page: Studied in a Master's programme before?
Have you completed a Master's programme?
If you've already obtained a Master's degree, you can only be admitted to a new programme if there are vacant study places in the programme.
Have you completed another type of study programme?
As long as you do not hold a Master's degree, you are free to apply for admission to a new programme.