Skip to main content

General entry requirements

At what level can you choose courses?
As an exchange or a guest student, you can only follow courses at master level if you have completed what compares to 180 ECTS credits (i.e. three years of studies) of relevant courses at university level.

Find the general entry requirements of your faculty:

General entry requirements for all exchange and guest students

  • be nominated from your home university as part of our exchange agreement if you wish to be an exchange student.
  • for bachelor level courses at faculty of Humanities and  faculty of Business & Social Sciences, you must have completed at least one year of studies (i.e. 60 ECTS).
  • for engineering and science courses, you must have completed what compares to min. two years of studies within relevant engineering or natural science studies (i.e. 120 ECTS).
  • for master level courses, you must have completed what compares to three years of university studies within a relevant study programme (i.e. 180 ECTS).
  • meet the entry requirements of the courses you wish to follow. For more information on possible specific entry requirements, check the relevant courses or course programmes.
  • You must have documented English skills compared to the Danish B level in English to follow courses offered in English. International exchange and guest students can document their English proficiency in one of the following ways:
    • by providing a Language Requirement Form – signed by you and your home university
    • by providing your secondary school leaving certificate (min. 210 hours at high school level) if you are an EU/EEA, Nordic or Swiss citizen
    • an IELTS score of min. 6.5 or a TOEFL score of min. 88 (max. 2 years old and verifiable online)
  • If you come to follow courses in Danish, you must document sufficient Danish skills. Please note that courses in Danish are subject to availability. You can document your skills in one of the following ways:
    • by providing a recommendation from a certified Danish instructor/professor declaring your ability to follow courses in Danish at university level
    • by providing your secondary school leaving certificate documenting a proficiency in Norwegian/Swedish/Icelandic equivalent to Danish level A (260 hours)
    • for other documentation options, please see the Danish language requirement section on our general language requirement website

Guest students pay tuition for the courses they follow.

Required enclosures

Last Updated 04.06.2021