Apply for re-enrolment if:
- You have previously been enroled in a programme that you now want to apply for again.
- You have passed the entire first year of studies of the programme as it is organised at SDU.
- 1 March: Study start on 1 September
(Open for applications from 1 January. You will receive a response to your application no later than 1 August).
- 1 November: Study start on 1 February
(Open for applications from 1 October. You will receive a response to your application no later than 20 December).
When you apply for re-enrolment, you do not participate in the regular admission process of the programme.
The applications are processed on an ongoing basis, and any vacant study spots are allocated as the applications are processed.
It is therefore an advantage for you that you apply as soon as possible.
Conditions for applying for re-enrolment
In order for you to be re-enroled in a programme, it is a prerequisite that:
If you are in doubt about whether you can get a credit transfer for your first year of studies, it is a good idea to apply for both re-enrolment and re-admission.
You can only be enroled in the programme if there is a vacant study spot at the study stage at which you are to start.
The number of vacant study spots varies from programme to programme and from one year to the next, and there may be no vacant study spots.
- Did you withdraw from the programme yourself?
If you withdrew from the programme yourself, basically just apply for re-enrolment without giving any detailed explanation about your previous course of study in the programme. You must still attach a transcript of records, a confirmation of withdrawal, and programme regulations/course descriptions though, as explained below under the headline 'Documentation when applying for re-enrolment'.
- Did the university withdraw you from the programme?
If the university withdrew you from the programme, you can only enrol in the programme again if you explain and document that your chances of completing the programme have improved significantly.
In the section below you will find an overview of the necessary documentation.
Unfortunately, it is not possible to apply for re-enrolment or transfer (neither to the Esbjerg-programme nor the Odense-programme) as there are no vacant study spots in the Medicine-programme at later study stages.
You can apply for re-admission to the programme via regular admission if you have not yet passed the entire first year of studies as the programme is organised by SDU. Learn more about your possibilities here:
Documentation when applying for re-enrolment
If the university withdrew you from the programme, you must upload a written statement on your application for re-enrolment on how your chances of completing the programme have improved. You must also document the matters you describe in the statement.
Use this form: Form for written explanation.
You have to present the matters which you think are relevant as to your chances of completing the programme.
For instance you can draw on:
- Why you didn't complete the programme in the first place
- What relevant activities you have participated in since your enrolment stopped
- How you have strengthened academic skills relevant to courses which you were previously unable to pass
- Significant changes to your health conditions
- Significant changes to personal or private matters of relevance
Remember to attach documentation regarding relevant matters, to the extend this is possible.
Relevant documentation can be:
- Doctor´s note may be deemed as relevant documentation, if illness or other health conditions have prevented you from completing the programme. Doctor's note has to include the following:
- Stated times for the first and last medical consultation
- Clarification of whether the medical assessment was made on the basis of own examination or the patient’s information
- Description of how your condition has affected your ability to study
- Information regarding a possible fit note or future prospects for further treatment
Please check that the doctor´s note also includes:
- Your name, civil registration number (CPR) or date of birth
- Date of issue
- Doctor´s name, CVR or provisions number as well as a signature and stamp
- Documentation of strengthened academic skills via diplomas confirmed with the stamp and signature of the educational institution
- Employer's declaration, dated and signed, with information on the nature and duration of the work tasks
If you have been enroled in the same programme at another Danish university, please remember to attach the following when you apply for re-enrolment:
- A transcript of records including all examination attempts.
- A confirmation of withdrawal with the reason for withdrawal.
- Programme regulations and/or course descriptions for all courses.
- Documentation that you meet the entry requirements of the programme.
If you are re-enroled, SDU will determine your study conditions
If you are re-enroled in the programme, SDU will determine the extent to which your previous examination attempts in courses that you have not passed must follow you to your new enrolment. SDU will also determine your other study conditions, including programme regulations, credit transfer and duration of study.