Welcome to the TAL conference website. The main theme of the conference is activating teaching and active learning which are the fundamental principles at the University of Southern Denmark, SDU. The conference intends to support practitioners’ mutual inspiration and present knowledge and experiences on how students’ learning is enhanced in accordance with the fundamental principles of SDU.
This year we direct our attention to Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs) - We will focus on how to integrate the SDGs in teaching and what would be the impact on students’ engagement and learning.
TIME AND PLACE
Tuesday 3 November 2020 from 9 am to 4 pm, online.
- Detailed programme
- Short communication og poster abstracts
- Workshop abstract
Panel participants' slides on the integration of SDG's in their teaching
- Maria Elo - Associate Professor, Dep. of Marketing and Management, SDU (link)
- Lykke Margot Ricard - Associate Professor, Dep. of Technology and Innovation, SDU (link)
- Janne Liburd - Professor, Dep. of Design and Communikation, SDU (link morning - link afternoon)
- Sara Egemose - Associate Professor, Dep. of Biology, SDU (link)
Welcome and keynote panel
The conference target group is primarily employees at the SDU and the University Colleges in the region. Meanwhile, the conference is open to everyone and abstracts and sign ups from participants from other national and international universities and other educational institutions are more than welcome.
The objective of the conference is to provide for the participants an opportunity to
- share, document, demonstrate, reason and analyse their own examples of activating teaching and active learning
- be inspired to develop their own practice of activating teaching and active learning
The presentations in parallel sessions will focus on the following tracks:
- Main theme: Teaching for active learning
- Special focus: Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs)
Sharing your teaching experiences in terms of:
- Integrating the SDGs in course content
- Embedding the SDGs in study programmes
- Aligning the SDGs with SDU vision - https://www.sdu.dk/en/voresverdensmaal
- How SDGs impact on your teaching and your students’ engagement and learning
There will be parallel sessions in English and in Danish. The panel’s presentations will be in English and Danish (supported with English text on the presentation slides).
In the short communication sessions, each presenter will have 10 minutes to share an experience and reflections, followed by 10 minutes of discussion.
Poster presentations will be in series of 2 posters with 5 minutes' individual presentations followed by a 10 minute joint discussion of the 2 posters.
Workshops will be approx. 60 minutes.
|09.00||Welcome and Panel debate about integration of SDGs in courses:
- Maria Elo - Associate Professor, Dep. of Marketing and Management, SDU
- Lykke Margot Ricard - Associate Professor, Dep. of Technology and Innovation, SDU
- Janne Liburd - Professor, Dep. of Design and Communication, SDU
- Sara Egemose - Associate Professor, Dep. of Biology, SDU
- SDU students
The panel will present how they conducted their teaching and how the students were engaged.
|11.15||Parallel session 1 - short communications|
|13.15||Parallel session 2 - short communications, posters and one workshop|
|16.00||See you again next year|
SDU Centre for Teaching and Learning:
- Rie Troelsen, firstname.lastname@example.org
- Donna Hurford, email@example.com
- Zhiru Sun, firstname.lastname@example.org
- Christian H. Voss, email@example.com
For questions of a practical nature, please contact Anne Grete Petersen, firstname.lastname@example.org