The Software Engineering section is a global partner for excellent research, technology development and application together with academic and industrial partners. With our research we advance knowledge in key technology areas which reinforce each other. The overall aim of our research is to help companies and society in the transformation towards digitalisation.
Our research activities lies within the following focus areas:
- Foster innovative digital solutions in the society: is a for to in innovation with digital and to and adoption.
- Support human trust in digital technology:The rapid digitalization of the society depends on that human keep trusting digital solutions. This trust is violated if solutions are not designed to protect the rights and safety of humans.
- Improve quality and efficiency of software development: It is critical for a digital society that it can develop digital solutions with predictability and in a cost-efficient manner.
- software- to products and in and of hardware and software- new of products and .
- data in digital has an to , store and data. , is a for to data for problems, ., to decision- .
- Educate more specialists within software: The society at large needs more specialist capacity within software on all levels (Diploma, Master, PhD) to develop and remain in control of our digital future.
To achieve our aims we address the following approaches. We address real-world challenges by engaging in both academic and industrial collaborations at national and international level.