As a general entry requirement, students must have completed:
- For Engineering and Science courses: two years of studies at university level (equivalent to 120 ects) within a relevant field of study, before the summer school starts.
- For Business and Social Sciences and Humanities: one year of studies at university level (equivalent to 60 ects) within a relevant field of study, before the summer school starts.
- AND students must meet the individual course prerequisites listed under each course description, if any.
Furthermore, English language skills equivalent to the Danish B level in English is required (see "English skills" section)
Selection of students
We welcome as many qualified students as possible. If the number of qualified external applicants exceeds course capacity, we select in the following order:
- Undergraduate and graduate students from partner universities (exchange); international undergraduate and graduate guest students (fee-paying); undergraduate and graduate students from other Danish universities.
- Ph.D students from partner universities and other international Ph.D. students; other applicants.
Students are prioritized on a first come, first served basis, i.e. according to the time we receive your complete application.
In case a course is filled up, we try to offer you an alternative course from your list of priorities.
All final decisions about admission will be sent out continually.
For international students
Please make sure to submit the following signed documents through our online application system:
- Grade transcript in English
- Language Requirement Form (exchange students only)
- Copy of your passport
- Nomination from partner university (exchange students only)
Non-exchange students can find more information on language documentation in the section "English skills".
Nomination as an exchange student
If your home university has an exchange agreement with us, please check if you can get nominated through your international office.
If you are nominated by your home university, you do not have to pay tuition fees.
You must have documented English skills compared to the Danish B level in English to follow courses offered in English.
International students can document them in one of the following ways:
- by providing a signed Language Requirement Form (exchange students only)
- by providing your secondary school leaving certificate (min. 210 hours at high school level) if you are an EU/EEA, Nordic or Swiss citizen
- IELTS score of min 6.5 or a TOEFL score of min 575/230/88.
If your home university is an exchange partner with the University of Southern Denmark, please ask your international coordinator to sign the Language Requirement Form.
For students enrolled at Danish institutions
SDU Students - own study program
As an SDU student applying for the SDU Summer School courses offered by your own study programme you must register for the course by using the Student self-service, just like any ordinary course.
Course registration is open from 20 - 30 May, 2020.
The Summer School courses follow the same rules as ordinary semester courses. This is important if you change your mind regarding participation, get ill during the course etc.
Students at other Danish institutions
Students at other Danish schools or universities are welcome to apply if they meet the prerequisites.
If the summer course can be pre-approved for credit transfer to your current degree, you will not be charged tuition.
If you take the course as an additional course or as continuing education, you will need to pay tuition.
Please apply for admission through our online system and submit your pre-approval from your home university (if applicable).
- Pre-approval for credit transfer (“forhåndsgodkendelse) from your Study Board
- Transcript of records
Your Academic Study Board will only give you credit for a subject/course if its academic content lies within the framework of your curriculum. We recommend that you contact your Study Board well in advance to allow enough time to get your approval.