Danish Government Scholarship
The University of Southern Denmark offers a limited number of scholarships through the Danish Government Scholarship programme to highly qualified applicants in recognition of the important investment that overseas students make during their education.
Who can receive the scholarship?
To be eligible for the scholarship, you must be a non-EU/EEA citizen enrolling in one of the following Master's programmes in Sønderborg:
- MSc in Engineering - Mechatronics
- MSc in Engineering - Electronics
- MSc in Engineering - Mechanical Engineering
Full or partial tuition fee waiver
The scholarship is granted either as full or partial tuition fee waivers.
A partial tuition fee waiver covers the tuition fee for one year (second and fourth semester), and you must pay tuition for the first and third semester. Note that fee waivers cover 30 ECTS per semester. If the number of courses exceed 30 ECTS they are not covered by the fee waiver.
For Terms of Payment and tuition fee rates, please see Tuition fee.
Application and selection criteria
To be considered for the scholarship you simply have to apply for admission to one or more of the relevant Master's programmes. No separate scholarship application is needed.
To be eligible for a scholarship, please note:
- You must submit your application for admission no later than February 1 - even if you have a Danish residence permit
- Your application must include all necessary documentation at the time of submission (i.e. it must not be necessary for SDU to ask for further documentation).
Your application must include:
- Application deposit fee receipt
- Official Bachelor’s transcripts and diploma in English, Danish, Swedish or Norwegian – must include grades and ECTS/units/credits for each course
- Course descriptions for the courses on your transcripts
- Proof of English language proficiency
Please note: All documents must be uploaded to your online application. We do not accept any documents send by email.
You will be invited to an interview
The scholarships are awarded to the best-qualified candidates based on the grade point average of your Bachelor’s degree and an online interview with key persons from the Master’s programme.
You will receive an invitation to the interview by email once we have processed your application for admission. If you have applied for more than one of the programmes, the interview will be for your highest priority.
Interviews will take place between February 16 and 28, so remember to check your email regularly in February. The interview does not require any specific preparation on your part.
For further information about the scholarships, please contact Student Services: optagelse-UKOT@sdu.dk
If you have questions about the admission process in genereal, please contact the admissions office.