The research unit of Muscle Physiology and Biomechanics (MoB) carry out experimental research, teaching, and dissemination of information within the scientific field of muscle physiology, biomechanics, neuromuscular function, health incl. physical activity and inactivity, ageing, musculoskeletal injury and exercise, and development and validation of exercise in relation to elite sport and non-elite sport.
The MoB research unit participates actively in the institute’s research strategy and is closely cooperating with the other research units at the Institute of Sports Science and Clinical Biomechanics.
The research unit’s main frame of research is entitled “Muscle Physiology and Biomechanics – from human to cell” and it encompasses different research activities and dissemination of information within the following areas:
- Muscle Physiological, neuromuscular and biomechanical research aspects
- Research aspects related to sports and exercise
- Physical activity and health
- Ageing and physical activity
- Rehabilitation and prevention of overuse injury in the musculoskeletal system
- Applicable exercise within elite sport and non-elite sports