All PhD students enrolled at the Faculty of Engineering must perform knowledge dissemination activities amounting to 300 knowledge dissemination hours during the course of their PhD studies. PhD students must have completed the dissemination hours one year before submitting their PhD thesis.
Documentation of dissemination performed, and as described in the PhD plan, must be submitted to the PhD school in 1 collective pdf file no later than one year before submission of PhD thesis.
The PhD school’s knowledge dissemination rates:
- External lectures lasting less than 40 minutes and posters count for 30 knowledge dissemination hours. If the same less-than-40-minute lecture is repeated one or more times, the first lecture will be credited with 30 hours, the second with 15 and subsequent lectures with 5 knowledge dissemination hours each.
- Long external lectures lasting at least 40 minutes count for 50 knowledge dissemination hours.
- Internal presentations based on posters and short and long external lectures are credited with 15 knowledge dissemination hours and can be counted as internal knowledge dissemination on the same topic once per external lecture.
- Teaching hours (45 minutes) are multiplied by 3.5 to get the number of knowledge dissemination hours. For teaching, 300 knowledge dissemination hours equate to 86 hours of face-to-face instruction.
- The co-supervision of bachelor’s students is calculated as 30 knowledge dissemination hours per student per semester.
- The co-supervision of master’s students is calculated as 60 knowledge dissemination hours per student per semester.
PLEASE NOTE that the mandatory department work rate may be calculated according to internal department rules.
Examples of knowledge dissemination activities recognized by the PhD school:
- drafting of scientific books
- teaching for the department
- lectures and posters
- articles of a general informative nature
- commissioned research
- internal presentations.
PhD students are not allowed to be main responsible for supervision of master or bachelor students or main responsible for courses and may not examine students.
It is not possible to apply for knowledge dissemination hours to produce research material directly included in the PhD thesis.
It is not possible to apply for knowledge dissemination hours for activities honored with ECTS-points.