What is Syddansk Elite - Dual Career?
Our ambition with Syddansk Elite - Dual Career
Syddansk Elite is a department at the University of Southern Denmark that helps elite athletes to study a university degree while following their career in sports.
Syddansk Elite aims to increase the number of elite athletes that studies a university degree, simultaneously with their sport career, to expand and improve their future job possibilities.
How can Syddansk Elite help me?
Syddansk Elite - Dual Career offers:
- Guidance and help in structuring and constructing an individual study plan
- Facilitating contact to other elite athletes studying similar degrees and to the management of specific educational programs
- Counseling and guidance during the degree
- Guidance for exemption applications and other administrative processes in relation to the completion of a university degree
Furthermore, you can get help from a study buddy that:
- Introduces you to your educational program and the University of Southern Denmark.
- Helps you build network among fellow students
- Helps you take notes and audio recordings
What are the entry requirements?
To be admitted to Syddansk Elite, you need to meet the following criteria:
- You are an elite athlete, coach, medical practitioner or referee.
- You are either studying or have applied for admission, at the University of Southern Denmark.
- In the competition season you spend a minimum of 20 hours per week in relation to your sport.
Elite definition for applicants from soccer, handball, volleyball, badminton, basketball and ice hockey
To be admitted, applicants from soccer, handball, volleyball, badminton, basketball and ice hockey must practice their sport at the highest level in the national competition structure to be admitted.
Soccer players at the second-best level can be admitted if they have a part-time or full-time professional contract and have at least three daytime compulsory training sessions (9.00 to 17.00) weekly.
Elite definition for applicants from other fields of sports
In other fields of sports, the applicants must compete at high international level.