What does the programme lead to?
The Danish environmental sector experiences an increasing demand for employees with knowledge of both environmental biology and environmental chemistry as well as of technological solutions. Danish companies also undertake many environmental tasks abroad.
With a master degree you will be qualified for jobs as, for example:
- Project worker or manager in consulting engineering companies
- Consultant in local and regional governments
- Caseworker in public administration
- Engineer at environmental or development departments
You could, for example, work in:
- Resource recovery and waste management
- Environment assessment (e.g., corporate accounts, product development)
- Planning of urban traffic infrastructure
- Development of environmentally efficient technologies
- Assessment of environmental impact of off-site construction work
- Implementation and management of environmental installations
- Assessment of strategic and market ventures
- University research or industrial research
Example of a career
Meet Line Gammelby, who enjoys making a difference for the environment
Read more about the tasks of the environmental engineer.
What makes a graduate with an engineering degree in Environmental Engineering especially attractive to the labour market? Below is an overview of the competencies you will have once graduated: general engineering competencies as well as the special competencies you will acquire in Environmental Engineering.