To apply for the Master's programme in American Studies you need a relevant Bachelor's degree. You can apply if you hold one of the following Bachelor degrees:
- American Studies- gives you a legal claim for admission
- Business, language and culture (BA.Negot.) - English
- International Business Communication - English
- Political Science
You can also apply if you hold a similar degree including a minimum of 60 ECTS within the following areas:
- History and social relations - comprising subjects such as anthropology, social relations (including comparative social description), historical analysis, international politics and international economics as well as political science and political structures.
- Culture – comprising subjects such as literature, cultural history, intercultural relations, cultural analysis and media.
You must have passed at least 10 ECTS within each of the areas. The Bachelor's thesis can also count if the thesis is related to one of the areas.
English language requirements
The programme is taught in English. Therefore, you are required to submit proof of your proficiency in English unless your Bachelor's gives you a legal claim for admission.
There is a limited number of study places in the programme.
If there are more qualified applicants than study places, the following criteria are used for selection of applicants without a legal claim:
- The grade point average of your qualifying degree. If the degree is not completed at the time of application, the grade point average is calculated based on the courses passed at the time of application.
- Your motivation for applying - you must include a motivational letter in English.
- Knowledge within specific areas of relevance to the programme - this must be documented in the motivational letter.
Each criterion is weighted 33 percent.
The application deadlines for study start September 1st are:
- February 1st for non EU/EEA citizens
- March 1st for EU/EEA and Swiss citizens and applicants holding a Danish residence permit