Mechanical engineers hold the key to society’s progress. Are you one of them?
Do you dream of making a sustainable difference through the design and development of tomorrow's industrial products? Then a BEng degree in Mechanical Engineering is something for you.
Make a quantum leap – become a mechanical engineer
As a mechanical engineer, you will learn how not to rely on the way things have been done before and to think independently to create new solutions to problems. A BEng in Mechanical Engineering gives you the tools to make an impact to real-life problems.
As a new engineering graduate from SDU Sønderborg, you are offered 6 months of employment if you haven’t landed your first job after you finished your BEng studies.
Reasons to study
That is why you should study...
- You are helping design the industrial products of the future
- You will have good career opportunities
- You will learn to develop innovative solutions to specific problems
What will you learn?
As a graduate engineer in Mechanical Engineering, you will gain competencies that will enable you to solve concrete problems in innovative ways.
- learn to act as a project manager for interdisciplinary projects, solve complex mechanical engineering development tasks, design products, plants and systems and much more.
- learn how to develop user-friendly and smart design, choose the optimal production methods, calculate strength conditions, economy, durability, etc.
- be taught in drawing in 3D CAD, making models and testing prototypes in the workshop.
- work with topics such as mathematics, statistics, physics, machine elements, materials and technology, radiation and convection, thermodynamic systems and state variables, measurement methods, data collection and processing, project management, business understanding and much more.
How is the programme structured?
You will work a lot in project groups, where you and your fellow students will solve problems for companies through case-based work.
Each semester is based on a main theme, which becomes the basis for the semester's theory and project work.
- In the first part of the programme, you will work with product development. Later focus is on the work concerning the engineering disciplines, which includes the environment, economics and business management.
In the sixth semester, you will have a mandatory internship in a company. The internship can be spent in Denmark or abroad.
In the seventh semester, you will carry out a graduation project – often in cooperation with a company.
What can you become?
The BEng Mechanical Engineering prepares you for a variety of careers in engineering, technology, business and management – in Denmark or abroad. You will be able to work as a project manager, development engineer, product developer or with the design of machines and plants. You can, for example, work with the development and construction of everything from large plants to products and production equipment in various industries such as the pharmaceutical industry, the wind turbine industry, offshore, power plants, food production or refrigeration industry.
Read more about career opportunities here.
Want to continue your studies?
A BEng is an independent, completed programme. So, after the 3,5 years, you are a graduate engineer and ready to start your engineering career.
If you want to immerse yourself further, you can continue your studies and, for example, study a MSc in Mechanical Engineering.