Drone technology could be the solution to a number of major challenges in tomorrow’s society.
In a few years, drones will be sufficiently stable, intelligent and cheap that they will become an essential part of everyday life in the fields of transport, surveillance, mapping, etc.
Drones will revolutionise a number of industries.
Video: Anders Boe, SDU Communications
SDU hopes to make Odense and Hans Christian Andersen Airport a hub for researching, developing, testing and manufacturing drones, which will help to create thousands of jobs for both low-skilled and high-skilled workers.
A leader in drone development
We have already made significant progress. We have Denmark’s most advanced centre for drone research and are making massive investments in the development of drones in partnership with industry and public bodies.
Following projects have received funding:
- Drones for Energy
- Effective investigation and response to invasive species using drones.
- Human-Drone interaction.
- Organizational Barriers to the Implementation of Drones
- Public response to drone technology: Threats & opportunities for improved receptiveness.
- The Paths to Firm Growth in Drone Eco-System.
- The secret lives of bats and porpoises