Digital competencies and communication
- Use of digital technology and competencies to support patient-experienced quality and action competence in the local healthcare system
- Implications of digitisation for the relationship between healthcare professionals, patients and relatives
Learn more about the research group Digital Health here.
Cognitive and relational competencies
- Promoting communicative, cognitive, relational and existential competencies among healthcare professionals
Learn more about the research group Interactive and Cognitive Competences in Healthcare here.
Art and narratives
- How reading and writing literature can promote mutual understanding among citizens, patients, relatives, and healthcare professionals
- How literature can strengthen the communicative competencies of healthcare professionals and the health of citizens and patients
Learn more about the research group Narrative Medicine here.
Language and culture
- Interdisciplinary perspectives on the patient at the centre
- How inequality in healthcare can be reduced by taking into account linguistic, cultural and social differences
Learn more about the research group Patientology here.
Ethics, prioritisation and user involvement
- How prioritisation, user involvement and welfare measurement can create value in the healthcare system and support self-determination for citizens, patients, and relatives