The broad humanistic spectrum of the doctoral school is divided into more specifically profiled programmes with the following organisation and mandate:
There are five such programmes in the school, each with its own website:
- Area Studies, the Study of Religions, Archaeology and History
- Language and Communication
- Literature, Aesthetics and Culture
- Design, IT and Communication
- Philosophy, Education and Media
When enrolled in the doctoral school, students are included in the doctoral programme most suitable for their project. The programmes offer courses, initiate study circles and support other PhD-related activities – often in national and international collaboration with other universities.