Theoretical and practical training in biogeochemistry and molecular techniques with emphasis on the ecology of marine microbial systems.
The course includes 22 lectures, 2 excursions, 7 practical exercises (~ 50 hours in the laboratory) and theoretical discussions in study groups. To pass the course a report must be completed and approved by the teaching team.
- Prokaryote diversity, population dynamics and energetics.
- Carbon, nitrogen, oxygen, sulfur, iron, manganese, phosphorus biogeochemistry.
- Molecular techniques and bioinformatics.
August 18-31 2019 (both days inclusive)
Canfield, D.E., Kristensen, E. & Thamdrup, B. (2005): Aquatic Geomicrobiology. Amsterdam: Elsevier Academic Press.
A laboratory compendium
Teachers and contact persons
- Ronnie N. Glud (firstname.lastname@example.org)
- Alexander H. Treusch (email@example.com)
- Bo Thamdrup (firstname.lastname@example.org)
- Don E. Canfield (email@example.com)
- EUR 1,500including accommodation and breakfast
- EUR 1,000 excluding accommodation and breakfast
Reduced fees for SDU students depending on requirement for accommodation and food.
Prices may be slightly adjusted depending on the final arrangements.
Application form 2019
Preliminary course plan - active from March 1 2019.
Downloads - to be updated.