What to enclose to your application for exemption?
Your application for exemption has to enclose the following:
- An explanation: There is no standard form for applying for exemption, so you must provide an explanation of what you are applying for exemption from and the reasons for this in your application.
- Relevant enclosures: You must enclose documentation for the special circumstances that you believe are important in connection with what you are applying for exemption from, including a doctor's certificate, a letter from a psychologist or a letter from your upper secondary school, etc. Check the list further below to see examples of exemptions and the enclosures needed.
About exemptions at SDU
- Decisions regarding applications for exemption are made on the basis of an individual, concrete evaluation of each application.
- If you are granted exemption, your enrolment application will be treated on an equal footing with the other applications. However, an exemption is not tantamount to an acceptance for admission.
- As a rule, a granted exemption is only valid for the year you have been applying for. If you want to apply again for admission at a later time, please upload the granted exemption to your application.
- An exemption will not be granted on the grounds of an oversight, misunderstandings, lack of knowledge og the like. NOTE: When applying with exemption/special permission, you can only apply via quota 2.
When to send the application for exemption?
Before 1 February (recommended):
We recommend to forward the application for exemption before 1 February to get a pre-assessment.
If you do not have a qualifying examination, you must apply for special permission to apply for admission. In this case, we recommend you to forward the application for special permission before 1 November to make sure that you have plenty of time to get registered for completion for the specific entry requirements. Check out the information about special permission further below this page.
The application for exemption and the relevant enclosures have to be sent to email@example.com.
Have you already received a pre-aapproval, you must upload the document to your application via www.optagelse.dk before the deadline for quota 2 on 15 March, noon.
After 1 February:
If you decide to enclose your application for exemption to your application for admission remember the deadline for quota 2 which is 15 March, noon.