New Dean at the Faculty of Business and Social Sciences
With Peter Møllgaard’s appointment as the new Dean of the Faculty of Business and Social Sciences, SDU has gained an experienced strategic leader with international experience.
The Faculty of Business and Social Sciences welcomes its new Dean on 1 June 2022 when Peter Møllgaard takes office.
He joins SDU from a position as Dean at the Maastricht University School of Business and Economics and has previously been Dean of Research and Head of Department at Copenhagen Business School.
After a thorough recruitment process with a very strong field of applicants, a unanimous recruitment committee has decided to hire 58-year-old Peter Møllgaard to head the Faculty of Business and Social Sciences at SDU. In selecting Peter Møllgaard, the Recruitment Committee has appointed an experienced strategic manager with strong international experience.
- Peter Møllgaard is an extremely competent, inspiring and experienced manager. Not only does he have all the prerequisites to further strengthen the Faculty of Business and Social Sciences; he also has visions that can contribute to the construction of SDU’s new Business School. With the appointment of Peter Møllgaard, SDU has again recruited from the very top shelf, says SDU’s Rector Jens Ringsmose, who has chaired the recruitment committee.
A great match
Since 2018, Peter Møllgaard has been a Dean at the Maastricht University School of Business and Economics, where he has created visible results, including in interdisciplinary collaboration and Maastricht University’s extensive work on sustainability.
He looks forward to taking office at SDU on 1 June and getting to know the Faculty of Business and Social Sciences and the rest of the organisation better.
- SDU is a fantastic university with an inspiring strategy to which I look forward to contributing. Both the Faculty of Business and Social Sciences and the other faculties can make key contributions to our global challenges with sustainability, regionally, nationally and internationally, Peter Møllgaard says.
Preoccupied with impact
Peter Møllgaard’s education background is a master’s degree in Economics from the University of Copenhagen, and he specialises in research in energy markets. Prior to his years in Maastricht, he gained solid managerial experience at CBS, having served as both Dean of Research and Head of Department.
Furthermore, he is a member of several boards and chairs the Danish Council on Climate Change, which advises the government on climate change.
- As a manager, I have for several years been dedicated to creating impact for society through strong research environments and educational programmes. I look forward to continuing this work at SDU, Peter Møllgaard says.
Privately, Peter Møllgaard is married with three children. On 1 June 2022, he will be taking up the position of Dean of SDU’s Faculty of Business and Social Sciences. He will be replacing Sten Rynning, who has been Interim Dean since Jens Ringsmose took office as Rector at SDU.
- Peter Møllgaard joins SDU from a position as Dean at the Maastricht University School of Business and Economics. From 2005-2017, he was part of Copenhagen Business School’s management as Dean of Research and Head of Department of the Department of Economics.
- He was an Assistant Professor at Aarhus University from 1994-1996.
- Peter Møllgaard holds a master’s degree in Economics from the University of Copenhagen, a PhD from the European University Institute, Florence, and has worked in research on energy markets, regulation and competition economics.
- Since 2018, he has chaired the Danish Council on Climate Change, which advises the government on climate policy.