As an exchange student you can follow the courses available here provided that you meet the prerequisites of the given courses and that there is room. A number of master's degrees are offered in English. These courses are at 4th and 5th year level. Sometimes courses at 3rd year level are offered in English. Whatever courses you are interested in, it is important that you list them all with course letters and numbers. We then check with the relevant department, if you can be enrolled.
If you wish to do laboratory work instead of taking (one or two) courses, it’s important that you describe what you wish to work on for the relevant professor to assess it and accept you.
- To follow courses at master level, you must have completed what compares to three years of university studies within a relevant field (i.e. 180 ECTS).
- You must meet the entry requirements of the courses you wish to follow. You find the entry requirements in the description of the relevant courses.
- You must have documented English skills compared to the Danish B level in English to follow courses offered in English. International exchange and guest students can document their English proficiency in one of the following ways:
- by providing a Language Requirement Form – signed by you and your home university
- by providing your secondary school leaving certificate (min. 210 hours at high school level) if you are an EU/EEA, Nordic or Swiss citizen
- an IELTS score of min. 6.5 or a TOEFL score of min. 88 (max. 2 years old and verifiable online)
- If you come to follow courses in Danish, you must document sufficient Danish skills. Please note that courses in Danish are subject to availability. You can document your skills in one of the following ways:
- by providing a recommendation from a certified Danish instructor/professor declaring your ability to follow courses in Danish at university level
- by providing your secondary school leaving certificate documenting a proficiency in Norwegian/Swedish/Icelandic equivalent to Danish level A (260 hours)
- for other documentation options, please see the Danish language requirement section on our general language requirement website
Required Enclosures to an Application
- Grade transcripts and a list of completed courses taken at university level. If you have taken courses at more than one institution at university level, you must enclose grade transcripts from them all.
- Course descriptions
- If you apply for courses at master level, you must enclose detailed course descriptions along with syllabus/literature in English
- Documentation of sufficient English skills
- Especially for exchange students: documentation that your home university is sending you as an exchange student
Exchange and Guest students must enclose certified copies of all the required enclosures.
April 1 for student from a non EU/EEA country
May 1 for EU/EEA and Nordic citizens
October 1 for student from a non EU/EEA country
November 1 for EU/EEA and Nordic citizen