You can transfer to University of Southern Denmark provided that:
- you are enrolled in another Danish university
- you have passed courses that are equivalent to the entire first year of the programme as it is structured at University of Southern Denmark
- you meet the entry requirements of the programme
- there are vacant study places in the programme
Unsure whether your courses cover the entire first year?
If you cannot achieve a credit transfer covering the entire first year of studies, you cannot transfer into the programme. Instead you have to apply for regular admission. In any case, it is always a good idea to apply for both a transfer and for regular admission, since you cannot be sure about the amount of transferable credits.
Remember to attach...
- a transcript of records including all examination attempts as well as information on courses you are signed up to
- a confirmation from your university that you are currently enrolled
- proof that you fulfill the entry requirements of the specific programme
The application deadline is March 15 for admission in September and November 1 for admission in February. Unless the programme is covered by the ministerial dimensioning of study programmes (see below), you can apply for a re-enrollment in February or in September, not depending on the regular study start of the programme.
When you apply before the deadline, we will answer your application no later than August 1/December 20.
For some programmes it is possible to apply for a second round of admission. The second round of applying is open from May 1 to August 6 for the September uptake, and December 1 to January 5 for the February uptake.
Special rules for dimensioned programmes
A number of programmes at University of Southern Denmark are covered by a ministerial 'dimensioning', regulating the intakes in programmes within certain academic fields.
For dimensioned programmes:
- you can only apply for study start in September
- you cannot expect an answer before August
- you can only start if there are still vacant study places after the admission of first-year students
Find a list of dimensioned programmes
A limited intake capacity
There are special rules for dimensioned programmes because a limit is set to how many students can be taken in each year. The limit covers applicants who apply for regular admission to the first year of the programme as well as applicants wanting enroll in a later step in the programme.
If you have questions, you are more than welcome to call +45 6550 1052 or write an e-mail via the contact form SPOC. You can also report to Student Services on Campus Odense.