Welcome to the Department of Mathematics and Computer Science. We have collected the best research, education and study environment within mathematics and computer science in our corner of SDU.
The researchers at the Department of Mathematics and Computer Science are all highly specialized within their respective fields. Our scientists work to create knowledge about algorithms, discrete lattice field theory, optimization, computational mathematics, mathematical analysis, data analysis and statistics. We cooperate with other fields of research at the SDU and with researchers around the world about both pure and applied research.
Learn more about:
The Department of Mathematics and Computer Science is also home to these research centres:
- Centre for Quantum Mathematics (QM) is focused on the mathematical foundation of quantum phenomena covering both foundations and applications in quantum engineering.
- SDU eScience Center is a single point of reference for research e-infrastructure and front-office support at SDU. Since 2015, the eScience Center has been a national provider for HPC in Denmark and now also has a coordinating role in the new consortia for DeiC HPC Type 1, Type 3 and Project 5 for national HPC facilities in Denmark.
- Laboratory for Coherent Education and Learning, where we develop further training and education for teachers in collaboration with regional partners.
At the Department of Mathematics & Computer Science we cooperate with researchers from all over the world, and many our have an international background. See more about our research training programmes.
We offer a variety of study programmes within Mathematics, Computer Science and Didactics:
- Bachelor's degree programmes in Applied mathematics, Computer science, Mathematics, and Mathematics-Economics.
- Master's degree programmes in Applied mathematics, Computer science, Data science, Mathematics, and Mathematics-Economics
- Master's degree programme for working professionals in Computer science
- Professional Master programmes in Science teaching and Mathematics
- PhD programmes in Computer science, Mathematics, Statistics, and Science and Mathematics Teaching
Cooperation with businesses
Corporate life also benefits from our knowledge, and we collaborate with several Danish tech companies, regarding development of new technology.
Inquiries regarding collaboration with the industry can be directed to the institute's own Digital Innovation Office (DIO) at firstname.lastname@example.org
Read more about DIO here: www.dio.sdu.dk
With reference to major business and talent projects, we also collaborate with SDU's central research and innovation department: SDU RIO.