Welcome to the TAL conference 2022 website
The main theme of the conference is activating teaching and learning which are the fundamental principles at the University of Southern Denmark, SDU. The conference intends to support practitioners’ mutual inspiration and present knowledge and experiences on how students’ learning is enhanced in accordance with the fundamental principles of SDU.
The objective of the conference is to provide for the participants an opportunity to
- share, document, demonstrate, reason and analyse their own examples of activating teaching and learning
- be inspired to develop their own practice of activating teaching and learning
This year we direct our attention to Developing student and graduate competences for the 21st Century – share and be inspired by ways university teachers facilitate student development of their holistic sense of self and competences for lifewide (http://www.lifewideeducation.com/) and lifelong learning.
The conference target group is primarily employees at SDU and the University Colleges in the region. Meanwhile, the conference is open to everyone and abstracts and sign ups from participants from other national universities and other educational institutions are more than welcome.
TIME AND PLACE
Tuesday 8 November 2022 from 9 am to 15:30 , SDU Campus Odense - Campusvej 55, 5230 Odense M.
- Overall conference programme (link)
- Overview of presentations and workshops (link)
- Book of Abstracts (link)
- Participants (link)
- Keynote speaker Norman Jackson (link to slides)
- Learner for Life Model (link)
- Video from the conference will follow
|08.30||Coffee and rolls|
|09.20||Keynotes - in English:
- Norman Jackson - is an educator, writer, publisher and Founder of 'Lifewide Education" and 'Creative Academic'
- SDU Research & Innovation Organisation's 'Learner for Life' model will be introduced
- Q&A session
|11.05||Parallel sessions 1 - presentations from the participants - in Danish and English|
|12.15||Sandwich lunch and networking|
|13.00||Parallel sessions 2 - presentations from the participants - in Danish and English|
||Panel discussion - in English:
- Norman Jackson
- Caroline Schaffalitzky - Head of Studies, Philosophy, Dep. for the Study of Culture, SDU
- Michael Petersen - Head of Education for Chemistry at Dep. of Physics, Chemistry and Pharmacy, SDU
- Jannek Sommer - Program Responsible, Dep. of Business and Management, SDU Business School
|15.30||Closing statements - Safe trip home!|
In the parallel sessions we invite you to share your teaching experiences regarding the following tracks:
- TAL2022 main theme: Teaching for active learning
- TAL2022 special focus: Developing student and graduate competences for the 21st Century – share and be inspired by ways university teachers facilitate student development of their holistic sense of self and competences for lifewide and lifelong learning ( http://www.lifewideeducation.com/).
- Developing students’ awareness of personal, professional and/or academic competences
- Instruments and methods for improving students’ awareness of their competence development – portfolios etc.
- Exam formats for assessing students’ competence development
- Processes behind adjusting the curriculum to include competence development
- Student partnership initiatives which include competence development
- Integrating or being inspired by competency models, e.g. SDU RIO’s Learner for Life; OECD’s Transformative Competences; EU’s EntreComp; Jackson’s Lifewide learning into Programmes of Study, courses, classes
Conference proceedings: Speakers will subsequently have the possibility of having their contribution included in the conference proceedings.
SDU Centre for Teaching and Learning:
- Cita Nørgård, firstname.lastname@example.org
- Donna Hurford, email@example.com
For questions of a practical nature, please contact Anne Grete Petersen, firstname.lastname@example.org