Analysis and characterisation lab
We offer a full range of equipment for materials and surface analysis including 3D scanning, advanced microscopy and X-ray tomography:
- 3D Optical profilometry
- Atomic force microscopy
- Cleanroom technologies
- Dynamic light scattering
- Spectroscopic ellipsometry
- Focused ion beam technology
- Gas chromatography
- Infrared spectroscopy (FTIR)
- Interference microscopy
- Helium Ion Microscopy
- Optical 3D scanning tomography
- Optical and laser microscopy
- Scanning electron microscopy including energy-dispersive x-ray analysis (EDX)
- Stylus profilometry
- Time-resolved fluorescence microscopy
- UV-Vis spectrophotometry
- X-ray tomography (microCT)
This laboratory is part of the class 100 cleanroom facility. It is located in a special area of the cleanroom and offers the possibility for UV sensitive experiments. The controlled humidity and temperature levels provide the perfect environment for critical experiments and microfabrication.
- Acid wet benches for etching/deep cleaning
- Solvent wet benches for development and lift-off
- Mask aligner for precision photolithography
- HMDS oven for adhesion promotion
- Spin coater, hotplates and spin dryers for sample processing
- Plasma asher for treatment of surfaces
This is a basic chemistry laboratory equipped with all necessary equipment for the preparation of samples and solutions as well as safe storage of chemicals. Here there is also the possibility to establish setups for various experimental studies (e.g. anodisation of Al for fabrication of porous nanomaterials).
This laboratory belongs to the Centre for Industrial Electronics and is specialised on the chemical analysis of electrodes, electrolytes, insulation and other materials related to electronic components.
- High-performance liquid chromatography combined with mass spectrometry
- Ion chromatography
- Computerised wet quantitative chemistry - Titration
- pH/conductivity measurements
- Precision LCR measurements.