Deadline for registration: May 12, 2021
Please write to firstname.lastname@example.org to get the registration form.
A full course plan will be available before April 1
Theoretical and practical training in biogeochemistry and molecular techniques with emphasis on the ecology of marine microbial systems.
The course includes 22 lectures, 2 excursions, 7 practical exercises (~ 50 hours in the laboratory) and theoretical discussions in study groups. To pass the course a report must be completed and approved by the teaching team.
- Prokaryote diversity, population dynamics and energetics.
- Carbon, nitrogen, oxygen, sulfur, iron, manganese, phosphorus biogeochemistry.
- Molecular techniques and bioinformatics.
August 15-29 2021 (both days inclusive)
Canfield, D.E., Kristensen, E. & Thamdrup, B. (2005): Aquatic Geomicrobiology. Amsterdam: Elsevier Academic Press.
A laboratory compendium
Teachers and contact persons
- Ronnie N. Glud (email@example.com)
- Alexander H. Treusch (firstname.lastname@example.org)
- Bo Thamdrup (email@example.com)
- Don E. Canfield (firstname.lastname@example.org)
Participation fee (prices in 2021)
- EUR 2,000 including accommodation, breakfast and lunch
- EUR 1,000 excluding accommodation and breakfast - but lunch included
Reduced fees for SDU students depending on requirement for accommodation and food.
Prices have been adjusted due to increased cost for accommodation and due to a small prolongation of the course.
Please be aware that travel restrictions or the format of the course could change due to Covid-19 related restrictions. In worst case the course could be cancelled.