The diagram shows the units that make up the Faculty’s organisation and that contribute to the Faculty’s research, education and knowledge exchange.
Principles for responsible research dissemination
Health Sciences has developed principles for responsible research dissemination in collaboration with the Region of Southern Denmark, which will help to ensure credibility and transparency in research dissemination. Read more about the principles for research dissemination.
The core narrative of the Faculty of Health Sciences
Our vision is to help improve human health!
We aim to:
maintain and develop the University of Southern Denmark as a university with a visible and crucial influence on the development of the healthcare system and on public health – with a view to the sustainable development of society.
We do this by:
- conducting education and research at a high international level in areas that are relevant to public health and generate effective treatment of diseases.
- striving for our activities to quickly benefit society,
- recruiting the best employees,
- and by disseminating research results to the population, healthcare professionals and decision makers.
Our strength therefore lies:
in research into public health and in selected diseases that affect the population, the individual citizen and society – with a view to understanding their
- biomedical basis,
- incidence and development in the population,
- impact on human quality of life and functionality, both physically and mentally
We do this by combining advanced biomedical and epidemiological research with research into health promotion, prevention, rehabilitation and examination and treatment methods
and in the quality development of a complete spectrum of health-oriented education programmes
- at undergraduate, graduate and PhD level
- and continuing and further education,
all of which are research based, reflect society’s need for education programmes in an international perspective – and make visible our graduates’ knowledge and skills.
We prioritise the work environment, gender equality and sustainability,
and we seek collaborations wherever we can contribute to change!