No physical access to SDU Library due to coronavirus
- Book to go: Order and Pick up
You can order and pick up materials at your local library. More info at Order and Pick up.
- Loans & Returns: Borrowed materials can now be returned. See when and where here.
- Call or mail us: The library is available to students and staff on various digital platforms incl. mail, Skype and telephone (Weekdays fra 9AM-3PM). See Contact.
- 24/7 online access: Access to the electronic journals, databases and ebooks that the library subscribes to remains. See Resources.
- Q&A: See our frequently asked questions during the shut down period here.
- Library courses and events: All physical courses and events are cancelled. Online courses and Webinars can be found here.
- Follow SDU's information about coronavirus
Between 1/9 - 31/5:
Between 1/6 - 31/8:
About the LibraryYou can borrow any of the books and journals belonging to the University Library of Southern Denmark from the campus library in
If we don’t have the material you require ourselves, we will try to borrow it from another library at home or abroad.
The focus for the library’s permanent stock of books and journals is on the students and researchers specialising within the subjects of business economy, business languages, history, public administration, political science, public health and tourism.
The library also includes literature on sociology, agriculture, and fishery and there is a large collection of literature on
Five of SDUB's special collections are located in
A good deal of the library’s stock of books and journals is directly accessible from open shelves so you can fetch the books you want to borrow yourself (bibliographies, reference works, handbooks and certain journals are, however, only for use on the premises).
There is also a plentiful collection of handbooks, bibliographies and reference works at the library.
There is a reading room with reading desks that you can use when you want to work in a quiet place. There are also supervised reading desks, where you can read material, which is only for use in the reading room. The opening hours of the reading room are the same as those of the library.
It is also possible to make self-service photocopies at the library.
There are a few study spaces available at the library.
University Library of Southern Denmark Esbjerg
Niels Bohrs Vej 9
Tel.: 6550 4122