High prevalence of PTSD and complex PTSD in Ukrainian parents from the war in Ukraine.
New article examines the prevalence of PTSD and complex PTSD in Ukrainian parents.
The National Centre of Psychotraumatology has, together with international researchers, studied parents living in Ukraine during the war. The study aimed to investigate the prevalence of PTSD and complex PTSD among Ukrainian parents. The results showed a higher prevalence of PTSD (25.9%) and complex PTSD (14.6%, in totaling 40.5%). A correlation was found between the number of war-related stressors and the likeliness of meeting the requirement for PTSD and complex PTSD. On average a Ukrainian parent had experienced 9 stressors, such as hearing or seeing bombs and gunfire, a family member being injured, or lack of access to medical care. Find the article here.