Before applying for a research year, there are a few things you need to consider. Please see the page Before applying for more information.
When you are ready to apply, please follow these steps:
Step 1: check the deadlines
- If you wish to start your research year 1 September, the deadline for the student's part of the application is 15 April.
The full application must be submitted no later than 30 April
- If you wish to start your research year 1 February, the deadline for the the studen'ts part of the application is 15 October.
The full application must be submitted no later than 31 October
Step 2: Fill in your application online
One month before the application deadline, the link will be available here.
Step 3: Wait for your supervisor’s confirmation
- When you have completed the application, your supervisor will receive a link to an online supervisor's statement form
- The link will be sent to the e-mail address provided by you in the application form
- Deadline for supervisor's confirmation is also 30 April/31 October
Step 4: Receive approval of you application
- After the application deadline, the Graduate School will make a decision regarding your application for student research year and scholarship disbursement (where applicable)
- You and your supervisor will be notified by e-mail as soon as a decision has been made
- The Graduate School informs Student Service, and you will automatically be grated leave of absence
And if you have been granted faculty disbursement:
Step 5: Activate scholarship disbursement
- Active your scholarship disbursement by sending a confirmation of your leave of absence to the Graduate School