The objective of this work package is to coordinate the extraction and sequencing of nucleic acids from human liver and faecal samples to characterize the role of the gut-liver axis in the understanding, diagnosis and treatment of chronic alcoholic liver disease. The data will be complemented by assaying blood samples for host DNA, RNA and extracellular matrix neo-epitopes. Taken together, this will result in a multi-tissue, multi-omics dataset that will be made accessible to the consortium partners for further analyses in work package 4.
WP2 will generate multi-omics data from host tissue samples and gut microbiome samples:
- Analysis of host tissue samples: genomics, transcriptomics, metabolomics (blood, liver)
- Analysis of gut microbiome: metagenomics and metatranscriptomics (faeces)
- Bork Group, EMBL Heidelberg
- Arumugam Group, University of Copenhagen
- Nordic Bioscience A/S
- Anastasiadou Lab, Biomedical Research Foundation Academy of Athens