The centre International Advisory Board:
- Professor of Mathematics Alain Connes (College de France & IHES )
- Professor Sir Simon Donaldson (Simons Center for Geometry and Physics, Stony Brook University & Imperial College London)I
- Professor of Mathematics and Theoretical Physics Sergei Gukov (California Institute of Technology)
- Stevenson Distinguished Professor of Mathematics Sir Vaughan Jones (Vanderbilt University) ᶧ died on 6 September 2020.
- Savilian Professor of Geometry Frances Kirwan (University of Oxford)
- Professor & AXA-IHES Chair for Mathematics Maxim Kontsevich (Institutes des Hautes Études Scientifiques)
- Professor of Mathematics & Mathematical Physics Nicolai Reshetikhin (University of California Berkeley & University of Amsterdam)
- Professor of Mathematics Catharina Stroppel (University of Bonn)
- Professor in Mathematical Physics Edward Witten (Institute for Advanced Study)
- William Caspar Graustein Professor of Mathematics Shing-Tung Yau (Harvard University)
The role of the International Advisory Board is to advise and assist the Head of the centre in the recruitment process by providing help with the identification of the best possible researchers to be attracted to QM, and to promote the activities and other initiatives of the centre.