We offer both short-term and long-term individual consultancy (see below) on high-quality research methods, e.g. searching for, evaluating, and synthesizing research evidence. We can guide researchers in:
- preparing systematic reviews with meta-analysis or without meta-analysis (including network meta-analysis)
- guidance on what type of review is relevant for your research question
- developing scoping reviews and other forms of evidence synthesis e.g. umbrella reviews and rapid reviews
- conducting other types of research, e.g. guidelines
Our consultancy services are free of charge for:
- PhD students and other researchers from the Department of Clinical Research at SDU or from Odense University Hospital
- researchers based in Denmark who are preparing a Cochrane Review
Other researchers are welcome to contact us for a special arrangement (depending on availability).
A short-term consultancy consists of a one-time consultation in reviews (or other kinds of clinical research), maximum 1 hour including preparation. The service will generally be useful for PhD students or researchers with one or several relatively concrete questions that need clarification.
The long-term consultancy consists of up to a total of 10 hours (including preparation) of consultations. Generally, the long-term service will be a continuous process where a methods consultant from our centre will provide guidance throughout the course of a research project.
Application to our consultancy service
An application for our short-term or long-term services for preparing reviews (or other studies) should be sent to our email: email@example.com and should contain:
- A brief outline of the review’s research question, if possible in PICO format (clarification of patient population, intervention, control and outcome) or in the form of a protocol
- Information about the research group undertaking the review
- Prior experience with preparing reviews
- Information on the expected time frame for the review