- PhD Student
- Human-Robot Interaction
- Telepresence robots
- Social robots
- Conversation design
- English language teaching and learning
- Writing skills
- Speaker's charisma
In this project, our main aim is to help children with health issues attend and integrate into their classrooms by means of telepresence robots. Specifically, we intend to study:
- what kinds of resistances and obstacles there may be by teachers, principals, parents, children at school level;
- how the robot is perceived by kids in the classroom, what problems may arise, what benefits there may be, what practices and workarounds emerge and turn out useful, as well as how the kids (in quarantine, in hospital etc.) perceive the situation;
- how telepresence robots can be developed in order to support their use in schools; and
- how telepresence robots can be used to support intercultural exchange.
In this project, I collaborate with Honda Research Institute in Japan to create dialog models and activities for Haru robot. The aim is to facilitate Haru’s interaction with people and improve its cohabitation skills.
Research Output and Activities
For an overview of Ali's work please see his researcher's profile at SDU .
University of Southern Denmark
Department of Design and Communication
Alsion 2 6400 Sønderborg, Denmark