The coordination and integration of mass spectrometry instrumentation for accurate characterization and quantification proteins with computational algorithms and statistical tools to extract important information from large datasets will lead to novel discoveries of molecular mechanisms that control cellular development and biological activities.
PRO-MS will educate students and researchers at the highest international level in state-of-the-art proteomics methods and enable technology transfer to industrial partners within the Danish food-, biotechnology-, and pharmaceutical- industry.
PRO-MS will provide data on protein structure, interactions and function at a proteome wide scale in numerous biological, biotechnological and biomedical contexts. All data and tools developed within the framework of PRO-MS will be shared by using the international framework of the ESFRI project ELIXIR, which includes PRO-MS university partners.
PRO-MS partners have numerous activities in functional proteomics and mass spectrometry, including:
- Basic protein science, cell biology and proteomics: SDU, AAU, AU, DTU, KU
- Biomedical and clinical proteomics: SDU, AAU, AU, DTU, KU
- Microbiology and (meta)proteomics: DTU, SDU
- Modification-specific proteomics: SDU, DTU, KU
- Network and interaction proteomics: SDU, AAU, AU, DTU, KU
- Protein structure/function studies: SDU, DTU, AU, AAU, KU
- Veterinary/livestock proteomics: AU, DTU
- Bioanalytical technology development: SDU, KU, DTU
- Computational proteomics: SDU, AAU, AU, DTU, KU